Digital Marketing Agency

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Facebook Has Disabled My Account

Facebook Has Disabled My Account

It would appear that Facebook, for some unknown reason, has decided to disable my account. No reason was given, however, and I originally wondered if this was some sort of mistake or unique situation. Such is not the case. It would appear that Facebook does this on a regular basis and I feel it’s time that they be brought to task for this unreasonable behavior.
Looking around the Internet, I was able to find quite a few examples of Facebook’s policy to automatically close accounts without warning or explanation. In one example, an individual had over 2,500 friends that kept in contact with him through Facebook and the site’s security bots flagged him as a “risk”. Without even contacting the user to see if any wrongdoing was apparent, the site was shut down – just like that. No warning and no explanation – just 2,500 friends cut off unexpectedly.

The biggest problem with Facebook, in this regard, is their apparent inability or refusal to respond to any appeals. Not only that, but from what I’ve read, this scenario is becoming increasingly common among Facebook users.
Now we’ve all heard that Facebook is short-staffed and has had its fill of phishing scams and security breaches. Most of us have received bogus Facebook “friend” requests that are merely ploys to get personal information. But this is in no way related to general users who should be treated as customers (which indeed they are). In the long run those who patronize Facebook are giving that company more than what they’re receiving. This is especially true when you consider the number of articles that have been published that actually encourage advertisers (and even politicians) to utilize Facebook for their contact purposes. I should know – I, myself, have taken the time to publish articles touting the usefulness of Facebook in these endeavors. Now I’m having second thoughts about my recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment